The Golden Retriever
The Golden Retriever holds spot #3 of the top ten favorite dogs. It’s not surprising, given his wonderful temperament and high intelligence.
- The Golden is part of the sporting group of dogs bred for the purpose of retrieving wildfowl on land and water.
- They LOVE water and their water repellant double-coat is perfect for all their water activities.
- They are a medium energy, large size dog that require 40-60 minutes of hard exercise daily. Without this exercise they can become bored, restless and often misbehave.
- They are easily trained and do very well in dog sports such as agility and competitive obedience. They make excellent therapy and assistance dogs
- Goldens are not bothered by noise and activity of kids and, in fact, are very patient and gentle with children. They make a fabulous family pet and want to be inside the house socializing and not left outside by themselves.
Five Interesting Facts
- They used to be called the Golden Flat-Coat.
- They originated in the Scottish Highlands in the late 1800’s.
- Goldens have very little guarding instincts and do not make good watchdogs. They may bark at strangers but then wag their tail and flash their smile.
- Some Goldens have wavy coats and some have straight coats.
- They are happiest when they have something to carry in their mouths such as a stuffed toy, the newspaper, a ball, or something from the laundry basket!
Stay in Touch with Us
Eli & Jojo’s dog treats are premium treats made with wholesome, real food.. We never use artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, wheat, corn, soy or salt or sugar. Real Food. Simple Ingredients.
Comments? Questions? We’d love to hear from you.